Best headset with no mic/removable mic

kampy4

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
Hey guys I'm looking to buy a headset that has no mic or a removable one because I'm getting a mic by itself also, also, I plan on gaming primarily but also make YouTube videos so they won't primarily be gaming but also video/audio editing. Do you guys think I should get new ones or just keep the ones I have which are Beats Solo 2. They are good and have great sound quality just they aren't comfortable for long sittings.

Also, I would prefer to stay under $100.

Thanks!!!

BlueFireZ

Estimable
If your're getting a separate mic there is no point in looking for a headset as they would beat a headset's mic quality by a 100. I recommend the Sennheiser HD 518's, and they are great all-round headphones and will do the job well. (they may not be in your budget depending on where you live though).

They are called headphones. Sennheiser HD518/558 or Audio Technica ATH-AD500X/700X are the most recommended in that price range. Both should be incredibly comfortable and have much cleaner sound than the beats

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009

I personally have the Sennheiser HD558 and they are extremely comfortable. The sound quality is quite good for headphones in this price range. My wife has tried Monster, Beats, and V-Moda around the same price range or higher, but prefers the sound of my HD558; just not the look of them.