best laptop for me question?

Cvdasf

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
I went to the best buy today ( big mistake) and bought a surface 3 ( the crappy 64gb 2gb ram, intel atom one. ) between that and the keyboard for the surface the total was $650.

This was my original post:

Hey guys! I need some advice. I am in need of a laptop/tablet for school. It will be doing a LOT of typing for notes/reports and such. My main concern is that I've never actually owned a tablet or laptop. I've always had enthusiast grade desktops and am kinda scarred/clueless on which to pick for a laptop/tablet. I'd like it to also have a nice screen, be easy to carry around ( not 20 pounds ) type well, and most importantly I want it to be quality. Dont want some crappy thing that will lag, break, freeze, or crash any advice? I will also most likely be watching the occasional movie on it,spottily, or be doing some heroes of the storm :p Budget is to be determined so just recommend things for now.

P.S. I use microsoft office to do my excel/typing/powerpoints. So it must run that.

I'd like to add a few things though.

1. This time I realize I dont want a tablet. I want a ultrabook/netbook/laptop or whatever you wanna call it. Point being it needs to have a keyboard and not have to be propped up on something to stand up
2. atleast 1920x1080
3. under $700 the cheaper the better ( obviously)
4. Not a piece of junk. Dont want something that will break soon after getting it. I've always bought high end stuff that lasted many years, would like to keep it that way if possible
5. 13.3 inches was just to small after seeing it in the store. Atleast 15inches
6. I'd LIKE to have an i7 but a i5 will suffice.
7. battery life doesn't matter
8. Needs to have a fullish keyboard. Meaning don't want something that has very tiny buttons. I'm used to the razer deathstalker ultimate keyboard. So something that size keys would be nice.

Thanks guys :) appreciate you guys helping out as i have no idea what to look for as far as laptops sense I've always stuck with desktops.

I was looking at maybe these? dont know how these are at all just saw them on ebay. What do you guys think of these? Any other recommendations? ( all recommendations are welcome )

http://imgur.com/a/vTvwc

P.S. from U.S.A. so anywhere online in the U.S. is fine to order from :)

That one you listed is inferior in every way except for the GPU. I suggest going with the asus laptop which is what I suggested. :)

Actually, the CPU in the MSI is superior to the one in the ASUS as well.

How? Sure the clock speed is slightly faster on the i5, but I'm pretty sure the i7 turbo boosts way higher than the i5 and it has more cache also.

The i5 is a full voltage processor, the i7 a ULV processor.
Turbo is 3.5 GHz for the i5 vs 3 GHz for the i7.