best laptop for simultaneous multiple users

mar1

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Hi Everyone,

What is the best laptop to buy for simultaneous multiple users using multiple browsers simultaneously? Either switching among browsers in the same user account or going to another user account leaving the other accounts open?

Solution

For that, any system would work. That's simply a function of the OS.
Just create different user...
windows 10 has a nice feature call ": family" you generate account on any laptops and people log in and off and it keeps their information current.
I run it on a 3 years old lappy between 3 family members at the house and have no issues, the laptop is an I3 Dell Inspiron 1500

USAFRet

Illustrious

"Simultaneous users"?
As in multiseat? As in literally at the same time with keyboards and mice?

Or did you mean just multiple users, one at a time?

mar1

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

I use that - but the laptop was so slow and wouldn't recognize certain browsers - I must have Win 10Pro and want the I7-7600u processor but think maybe a business computer would better deliver

Many thanks,

MaryAnn

mar1

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

I mean one person at a time going back and forth - my neighbor just said go to the business use laptops which are more able t handle the multiple browsers in each user account

Thanks and thank you for your service,

MaryAnn

USAFRet

Illustrious

For that, any system would work. That's simply a function of the OS.
Just create different user accounts with their own passwords.
Joe is done...he logs off, and then Mary logs on. Whatever browser she uses, and its settings, and her specific folders, are available to only her.

Or...just "Switch User". Joe stays logged in, but now Mary logs in....same result.
When Mary is done, Switch User...Joe logs in, and the system is exactly as he left it. Including whatever was open at the time.

Solution

mar1

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

mar1

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Hi USAFRet,

Thank you for your service and your reply - now I wonder when all four accounts are open, if I need more ram - maybe 16 gb ram?

Am looking at the HP Spectre with 15" screen but the price is too high right now.

Many thanks & HAGD,

MaryAnn

USAFRet

Illustrious

More RAM is never a bad thing, but not 100% necessary.
Since this will be only one user at a time, the other users processes go into a suspended animation.