Best Laptop in the $899-$999 range for movies and schoolwork?

SpaceGhost92

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
I am a creative writer so I don't need anything special, but I would like a laptop with a pretty vibrant display for movies and such.

I was looking at the Dell XPS 13, but I am unsure. Thanks!

Solution
Both XPS 13 and T450s are very good laptops.

The XPS 13 is basically a 13.3" laptop that is squeezed into a 11" - 12" size laptop. That is because the bezel around the screen is very narrow. The downside is that the camera is not at the top of the screen like most laptop because of the thin bezel. Dell relocated the camera to the bottom left hand corner of the screen so the camera will be pointing up at you. Not a big deal in my opinion.

The ThinkPad T450s is a very good business oriented ultrabook. ThinkPads have a reputation for having very good keyboards with Dell generally coming second. The ThinkPad T and X series are rugged laptops that are designed to operate in harsh environmental conditions and take the occasional beating...

Herpderpwalrus

Estimable
May 30, 2015

Well it depends. Windows laptops that come already built are pretty bad. Mac laptops that come already built are better.

SpaceGhost92

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

I will have to check that out, because I have looked at the XPS 13, and the Lenovo T450s. Thanks!

Both XPS 13 and T450s are very good laptops.

The XPS 13 is basically a 13.3" laptop that is squeezed into a 11" - 12" size laptop. That is because the bezel around the screen is very narrow. The downside is that the camera is not at the top of the screen like most laptop because of the thin bezel. Dell relocated the camera to the bottom left hand corner of the screen so the camera will be pointing up at you. Not a big deal in my opinion.

The ThinkPad T450s is a very good business oriented ultrabook. ThinkPads have a reputation for having very good keyboards with Dell generally coming second. The ThinkPad T and X series are rugged laptops that are designed to operate in harsh environmental conditions and take the occasional beating. They are one of the few laptops that has a compartmentalized keyboard with holes to drain water in case you spill water on your laptop; the electronics are protected. The T series has in particular has been demonstrated to survive a 4 foot drop onto a hard flat floor without taking any damage and a 10 - 12 foot drop onto a carpeted floor. Last but not least, they can survive a direct 35MPH impact long enough for you to transfer data off the hard drive. I don't recommend you test out this feature though.

Solution

SpaceGhost92

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

Best answer I have received so far, thank you.