Im looking for a laptop with the following specs

i7
min 8gb ram
NO GPU
1080p screen
min 15.6" pref 17"

pref asus or Lenovo open to be convinced otherwise

1. What sort of price range am I looking at in South Africa
2. Looking for the best bang for my buck.

It will be used to run multiple virtual machines and multiple instances of Visual studio. Spend most of my life remoting into other servers though.

Advice, ready steady go!

Solution
I do not know how the prices and availability of laptops in South Africa...but..

If you need a durable working horse, I would suggest to get Lenovo Thinkpad series.
e.g. X250, T540p, P50, etc.
Just pick the one you like, the one i7 and those with or without dedicated GPUs
You will be looking at price range starting from USD1400 in Europe..and above...

If you simply need a budget laptop Lenovo Ideapad or any ASUS will do just fine.
You will be looking at prices starting around USD800 in Europe.

ah...if you start looking around..there are several i7s variants...the more powerful i7 have something like HQ/MQ --> with Q at the end e.g. i7 6700HQ and the relative slower i7s have like U e.g. i7 4500U.
Since you are going to use it for...

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I do not know how the prices and availability of laptops in South Africa...but..

If you need a durable working horse, I would suggest to get Lenovo Thinkpad series.
e.g. X250, T540p, P50, etc.
Just pick the one you like, the one i7 and those with or without dedicated GPUs
You will be looking at price range starting from USD1400 in Europe..and above...

If you simply need a budget laptop Lenovo Ideapad or any ASUS will do just fine.
You will be looking at prices starting around USD800 in Europe.

ah...if you start looking around..there are several i7s variants...the more powerful i7 have something like HQ/MQ --> with Q at the end e.g. i7 6700HQ and the relative slower i7s have like U e.g. i7 4500U.
Since you are going to use it for work..I assume...you should pick those with HQ/MQ. (HQ should work best for virtual machines)
e.g.
http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/notebooks/lenovo+notebooks/lenovo+business/thinkpad+w+serie/lenovo+thinkpad+p50+20en0005ge

info:
http://ark.intel.com/compare/75117,75116

Solution