best Media Players + codec packs

GarSpear

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Hello

On my old Athlon computer for nearly ten years I used media play classic (MPC) together with its included codec packs. Never had a problem with it.

Will I get better picture quality with other newer players, even players that you have to buy? Is there any reason why I shouldn't just go with what I know again i.e. MPC.

Cheers

Solution
Blurays (retail) are encrypted .
You therefore need decryption software installed (anydvd is $10).
3rd party apps will then play retail bluray content as the decrypting is done on the fly.
Vlc,Kodi,mpc will only play main movie content this way with no menus or special features.

For full bluray playback with all menus you will have to pay for cyberlink or similar.
Blurays (retail) are encrypted .
You therefore need decryption software installed (anydvd is $10).
3rd party apps will then play retail bluray content as the decrypting is done on the fly.
Vlc,Kodi,mpc will only play main movie content this way with no menus or special features.

For full bluray playback with all menus you will have to pay for cyberlink or similar.

Solution

GarSpear

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Thanks madmatt... you've helped a few times now!

Man I made a meal of putting this system together but I may post pics of it later.. if anyone is into that sort of thing.. I did some interesting funky ghetto mods to the case...

I want full menus. So cyberlink is fine with Kodi or MPC? I need to google cyberlink.. god it's never ending!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS