Best MSI gaming laptop for -lightweight -price around $1100 USD

tbartoli

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
I am willing to be a little flexible on the price if it means a significant spec increase. I'm looking for something portable and high powered.

I'm only looking at MSI right now.

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there as you can tell by my avatar im an MSI fan did you want a desktop replacement or something more portable? because a 17 inch laptops like the GE70 are generally considered desktop replacements and 15 inch laptops like a GE60 are generally considered more portable now there is a GS series slim laptops but the problem in my opinion with slim laptops is that they generally have poor heat dissapation and cooling due to the fact that they are so slim theres not much room to work with, now with that in mind may i recommend the laptop i own?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152711

that one is the new 2015 model with the newest 9 series graphics card it has a steelseries back lit keyboard and can support up to 3 M.2 SSD's i dont think its very heavy at all but its not real lightweight like a GS series gaming laptop, now it is a little more than your budget but for a new model laptop with plenty of room for upgrades i think its your best bang for your buck

hope this helps would love to hear what you get sincerely a proud MSI owner

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

The best gaming machines aren't the lightest. High powered mean heat and heat means thick cases with fans. Thinner cases means shorter lifespan.