Best Software for Nvidia 3D Bluray playback?

boiler1990

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Hi all,
I have the Asus vg236H 3D monitor + glasses on the way (slated to arrive tomorrow), and am now looking to purchase a bluray drive and 3D bluray playback software. Nvidia states that all you need to do 3D bluray (assuming you have the GPU specs) is a Bluray reader (not necessarily 3D bluray) and playback software. I have tons of knowledge when it comes to hardware, but in terms of software, I have little experience.

I've looked at the ones Nvidia endorses from Corel, Sonic, CyberLink and ArcSoft, but I don't have any experience and can't find many reviews when it comes to 3D bluray playback. Just hoping that someone has some experience and can help me.

Thanks!

boiler1990

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
None of the ones I've seen come with the Bluray/3D bluray compatible versions of the software. And I save more money buying an OEM since I have to buy the software anyway.

Oh and another note, I'm a college student, so if there are any discounts, I'd appreciate it!

boiler1990

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
I have all of the stuff, I just need recommendations on software; I've never used any of them and am trying to find the best one to spend my money on.

They're all expensive, but I'd rather pay for the OEM drive and software rather than a non-OEM drive + useless software + the software I need. That ends up being more expensive (and pretty difficult to find).

Troof2Troof

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013

Hi, Did you ever find anything worth mentioning? I'm in the same position now. Thanks!