Best speakers under $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpencerMLB

Estimable
Apr 24, 2014
I'm currently $100 under budget for my computer build, and I need speakers. Now, I know nothing about speakers as I've been using my Astro headset 90% of the time, so I was wondering if someone can give me some good speakers for under $100 that sound good? I will most likely use them for music, but I would also like to use it a little for gaming. About 70% music, 30% gaming!

Solution
Before you go on to buy any computer speaker I would recommend that you listen to the speaker system playing music. As it is not possible to go on to a store and play music on each of the music system so the best place for this is watching videos online. Here is an excellent hubpage about the computer speakers having a lot of videos and sound tests.

http://markmorgangenius.hubpages.com/hub/21-best-computer-speakers-under-100

First decide whether you need to buy a 2.0 or a 2.1 computer speaker. The 2.0 contains 2 speakers and a 2.1 speaker system contains 3 units(2 speakers and a sub woofer). After that you need to listen to the sound. Watch the videos in the above hubpage to see what type of speaker you need to buy. I would recommend...
@diox

thats a pretty bold statement which isnt quite true.

while i cannot say that they (the cyberacoustics speakers you mentioned) arent good speakers (i'm not familiar with that particular set) other good options can be had for under $100 which are very good and include...

the logitech z623 (if you get a good deal), z523, and if you just wanted something cheap then the z313. if you do not care about a huge low end bass response then the creative gigaworks t20 is a good set and the t40 might be within budget if you find it on sale at a good price. the jbl creature iii is another well respected piece.

or for $100 you could potentially build yourself a 2.0 hifi system with an amp and some bookshelf speakers.

also keep in mind that everyone has their own idea about what sounds best. some people think speakers with low end bass response are best. some crave crisp highs and mids. some prefer neutral sounding speakers. etcetera. this is why there quite simply can not be a best.

Diox55

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014

Yeah I didn't mean to come off like that that :D, my fault

Techreviewer

Estimable
May 21, 2014
Before you go on to buy any computer speaker I would recommend that you listen to the speaker system playing music. As it is not possible to go on to a store and play music on each of the music system so the best place for this is watching videos online. Here is an excellent hubpage about the computer speakers having a lot of videos and sound tests.

http://markmorgangenius.hubpages.com/hub/21-best-computer-speakers-under-100

First decide whether you need to buy a 2.0 or a 2.1 computer speaker. The 2.0 contains 2 speakers and a 2.1 speaker system contains 3 units(2 speakers and a sub woofer). After that you need to listen to the sound. Watch the videos in the above hubpage to see what type of speaker you need to buy. I would recommend that the music system should have a solid base as it sounds better than small shrill speaker.

If you are an audiophile and need that perfect thing that plays all the highs and lows extremely well then I would recommend you Bose series III companion II speaker(these are 2.0 speakers). See their sound test in the above hubpage and you will come to know what quality of sound I am talking about. These are on the bit expensive side $99 but falls within your budget.

If you want to buy a 2.1 speaker system then I would definitely recommend Cyber Acoustics satellite system(Model No CA-3602a). I own them and I love these speakers. Have a glimpse at the sound test in the above hubpage. They are extremely affordable($40). I differ from many people here especially those who run after the brand name blindly. Do not just go after the brand name rather see the quality of the product. These speakers will rock your house and are the perfect thing for a party. They are not just loud but also have very crystal clear sound.

If you are much inclined towards gaming then nothing beats Genius SW-G2.1 1250(It is a 2.1 system). They have quite a different look with a red and blue color options of the speaker with a black casing. Watch the sound test in the above hubpage. They would cost you around $50 from amazon(everywhere else the price for them is too high)

I would recommend buying from amazon as they have a huge discounts on various speakers so its wise to save some bucks plus everyone knows their service is the best.

Recommended webpage: http://markmorgangenius.hubpages.com/hub/21-best-computer-speakers-under-100

I hope that helps!!:) :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.