Best TV for PS4 up to £450 UK

Arenix

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
As the title says, what do you think is the best TV I should get for up to £450 in UK for PS4? If you decide to answer please give me as much details as you can to why you think your choice is the best one. Thank you for your time and advice everyone :)

Arenix

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015

Indeed I do, just like other stuff like Refresh rate etc. Why are you asking? :)

Arenix

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015

Not to be found anywhere close to where I live. DO they have a website?

davedurg09

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009

Well if you are buying a TV for Gaming then you need one with as low Input Lag as possible within your budget, also would be good to know what size of TV you are looking for before attempting to recommend any.

davedurg09

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
2 options from Sony below:

1. SONY BRAVIA KDL42W705BBU
Curry's £429.00
Review

One of the lowest input lag readings HDTV test ever recorded, downsides are no 3d, no Motion Flow settings for fast moving TV e.g. football and onlly 200 Hz processing rate (although the review said it seems to handle football good enough)

Should be perfect for Gaming

2. SONY BRAVIA KDL42W829BBU
Curry's £499.00
Review

This is a higher spec model than number 1, has 3D, has motionflow options, has a 400 Hz processing rate and also has really low Input Lag. Only downside is that it is £50 out of your budget. But if you shop around i'm sure you could knock a few £££ off it e.g.

Appliances Direct £459.98
Direct TVs £459.98

I have this very TV only the 55" model and found it perfect for gaming on my Xbox One. 1 thing to note about number 2 is that the review seems to recommend going for at least the 50" version Quote "which is equipped with blur-busting motion interpolation technology."

Arenix

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015

Thanks for that, Are there any other suggestions ? Or are these TV's the "KINGS" within my price range?

ulysses35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008

www.richersounds.co.uk

best benefit (aside from price) is the free 5 year warranty which other retailers would charge for

bloomworld

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
As more TVs are being released as Smart TVs even if you don't need that added functionality you have to look for the TV that matches with your PS4. You can look for certain key features.
HDMI support: First you need to check whether the port of the PS4 is compatible with the TV port.
View angle: Look for TV which gives you a perfect picture from almost all the angles.
Colour quality: Check that the colour quality of the TV is natural otherwise the images will be extra coloured which may strain your eyes.
Black tone and contrast ratio: Check for these as well for better effects.
Response time: To get the true image without ghostly effects or blur lines then look for response time. For gaming anything 8ms or less will work.