Solved! Best TV for the buck?

Kysus

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Hey all, my wife and I are looking around locally and online to try and find the best tv within our price range, anywhere from $300-650. We currently have a 20" or so tv which is horrible, and we'd like to go for the biggest/best quality tv we can get within that price range. Please throw us some suggestions, as I'm not very educated on TV specs and what is most important.

Currently it looks like Walmart has the cheapest/biggest tv for our price range....Please help me find the best tv so I don't end up buying a dud lol. Thanks!

Solution
I highly recommend a Vizio. I've had one for 2 years (a 37" 720P set) and its been perfect. I paid about $500 bucks after shipping and rebates (and that was over 2 years ago!)

I wouldn't buy a Tv at walmart. most of the Tv's there are made specially for walmart (READ: using cheaper parts to get a slightly cheaper price)

I'd check out sites like newwegg.com tigerdirect.com or even Macmall.com (thats where I got mine) what you pay in shipping will probably be the same or less then the tax youd pay, plus you can usually find a better TV for less money online then you can in a store)

good luck!

drnick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I highly recommend a Vizio. I've had one for 2 years (a 37" 720P set) and its been perfect. I paid about $500 bucks after shipping and rebates (and that was over 2 years ago!)

I wouldn't buy a Tv at walmart. most of the Tv's there are made specially for walmart (READ: using cheaper parts to get a slightly cheaper price)

I'd check out sites like newwegg.com tigerdirect.com or even Macmall.com (thats where I got mine) what you pay in shipping will probably be the same or less then the tax youd pay, plus you can usually find a better TV for less money online then you can in a store)

good luck!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS