Best Video Games of the Year at the VGA 2009

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]betrh[/nom]I haven't seen Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I really doubt it has better graphics than some of the PC games.[/citation]
Actually it has better graphics than any pc game. PC games only raise resolution, AA, and some settings. But the fact that the videos were of such high quality that they actually filled the Blue ray disc the max says a lot about the quality. And it being 720p doesnt make a difference since it looks awesome.

Im a pc gamer too, and i defend pc gaming everywhere, but truely uncharted 2 looks damn awesome.

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
How is God of war 3 the most anticipated game?

I would think Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy 13 are more so
and Starcraft 2 even more than those 2.

Please stop with your paid stories. The God of war people can pay you all they want that doesn't make us want the game any more.

All,

Keep in mind that the reviews were all for games released in 2009. I might not agree with many of the decisions, however, not many epic games were released. 2010 should spice things up with dante's inferno, final fantasy, etc.

As for my take on the outcomes: Guild wars is much better than Dragon Age: Origins, Soul Calibur 4 is better than Street Fighter 4 and Unreal Tournament 3 is better than Cod4:MW2. But they were all released 2008 or before so they were not candidates. IMHO.

I will agree that Assassins Creed 2 is pretty wicked. It starts off a little slow but it is entertaining

G

Dragon age isnt a game, its a movie and im honestly sick of watching something i want to play.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
this is a grade a shit list ... MW2 best mp ? shouldnt that read l4d2 best MP >??? and why the hell is it down as teh best 360 game , the pc version is far better than the 360 version of l4d2 ??? the only thing i can agree with is the best rpg and best pc game being dragon age. besides that teh rest of teh lkist is garbage

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Good point about DA, but I believe its a good game but it is a game you'll either love or hate and if you like a heavy story board then it might be for you. On another note I can't see xbox360 graphics being better then a top of the line PCs. Sure uncharted 2 may have pretty videos but those are'nt the graphics of the game just pre-rendered moveis and can look just as good on my phone. Uncharted 2 graphics does not compare to crysis on max on the PC.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
oh and the thing i hate teh most is the "best actor list" i'm sick of these a-hole movie stars comign in on gmae voices and taking this mark from the harder working full time voice actors (who are MUCH better at voice acting) though i will admit jack black did an ok job , but i can list a lot better voice actors than any of the folks here and most people don't even know their names.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Actually it has better graphics than any pc game. PC games only raise resolution, AA, and some settings. But the fact that the videos were of such high quality that they actually filled the Blue ray disc the max says a lot about the quality. And it being 720p doesnt make a difference since it looks awesome.Im a pc gamer too, and i defend pc gaming everywhere, but truely uncharted 2 looks damn awesome.[/citation]

i have played uncharted 2 , and i still think crysis kicks it in the teeth when graphics are maxed (and crysis it is more than jsut resolution and AA boosting(

G

I dont think many here have learned from life that each one of us is unique and have different tastes and likings.After reading such widely different views cant you people figure that out? Those who use words like shit and crap cant seem to say something better it seems.Only shows disrespect and intolerance for people with different views.Or maybe the average age of posters here is 15?

Modern warfare of course is hugely popular and will generally win such awards but that doesn't mean you have to go buy it.IN fact i laugh at games like left for dead which seem totally meaningless to me with zombies running around everywhere.But there are users who like to play such games too.

As far as MW2 is concerned,maybe the appeal of the game lies in being at the center of something more in common with reality like a war? Or are zombies a realistic plot?And also, i never played cod 4 multi.I love it just for the SP experience and how the story and locations unfold.I dont care about strategy and neither do i have the time for it.No need of using brains when playing a video game now do we?But thats only my opinion.To each his own,thats the reason all these games sell.For me personally, i find LFD utterly stupid.

All of you are gaming on the popular windows XP OS iam sure,does that make it better?
I agree with some posters here, PC gaming should be a whole other category.Iam looking forward to some good PC games in future.Wonder why NFS:SHIFT or GRID didnt make it for the PC.

thegunners

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
what the hell are they talking about!!!!!!
Best Graphics: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, I DONT THINK THEY HEARD OF CRYIS OR CRYSIS WARHEAD

Spoony

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
who makes up this shitty list.

its a joke best graphics to a console ? your having a laugh, best anything to a console your seriously having a laugh, i got a ps3 and pc and xbox and my pc kick both there ass's with bells and whistle's on it.

seriously somethings not right and cod;mw2 was the worst mistake ive ever seen with no deddy servers, jesus H thingy sort the gaming world out b4 it goes belly up

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
watch the DICE AIAS awards when they become available where ever they are made available. The Academy of Interactive arts and sciences is a much more serious and reputable body. link to homepage.

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
LOL, and to this day I still enjoy Halo 3 multiplayer!

Besides, with all the great games available I see no reason why people still have to 'bash' either console. Each his/her own I say!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I don't agree with most of the choices, but I guess I'm just not a "trendy gamer" anymore! However :

• Best Downloadable Game: Shadow Complex

I totally agree with that! Anyone that loved Super Metroid (so, everyone) and have 20$ to spare should grab this game ASAP. It's a gem!

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Eh, I think Uncharted is getting more fanfare than it's worth. It's just a Tombraider knockoff that has a better-iterated user interface. Something more creative for "game of the year" would have been more desirable. A lotta good games came out this year.I just don't think "game of the year' should be an exclusive title, needs more reach.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Wouldn't Starcraft II be the most anticipated 2010 goty? Not another devil may cry clone with ogres revisited for the 3rd time. Also "best music game"?. As far as I know, I'm pretty sure I can count all the music games with just my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.