Best virtual memory acer aspire one netbook

Angel123

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Hello,
what is the best amount of virtual memory to apply on my acer aspire one netbook so it responds a little more quicker with programs etc.
or is the problem my ram ? i have 1gb of ram and a 250gb hd . only expandable to 2gb ...

Solution

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

It is best in low memory circumstances to let the system set the size of pagefile.sys. Upgrading to 2Gb will make a huge difference and the settings won't need to be changed if you let the system take over. It will automatically allocate one and a half times physical memory to pagefile to 2Gb gives you three whereas 1Gb only give you 1.5.

Defragmenting the hard disk occasionally helps a little - pagefile.sys can fragment as much, if not more, than any other file.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

It is best in low memory circumstances to let the system set the size of pagefile.sys. Upgrading to 2Gb will make a huge difference and the settings won't need to be changed if you let the system take over. It will automatically allocate one and a half times physical memory to pagefile to 2Gb gives you three whereas 1Gb only give you 1.5.

Defragmenting the hard disk occasionally helps a little - pagefile.sys can fragment as much, if not more, than any other file.

Solution