Bethesda Shows Skyrim to the Public, Announces CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I just cancelled my $59.99 Amazon pre-order today when I found out it will be available on Steam. I'll wait until Steam has a 50% off sale one month later to get it.

I know the game will be awesome and hopefully long like the last one, but I'm done paying full price for games when Steam has those great sales.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I will ask again, who the phuc pays $150 for a phucing game?!??!?! Then again if I were a publisher I would charge you jackasses $200+ because you are dumb....er... I mean its your hobby so enjoy paying for it.

illo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]I will ask again, who the phuc pays $150 for a phucing game?!??!?! Then again if I were a publisher I would charge you jackasses $200+ because you are dumb....er... I mean its your hobby so enjoy paying for it.[/citation]

u dumb.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]I will ask again, who the phuc pays $150 for a phucing game?!??!?! Then again if I were a publisher I would charge you jackasses $200+ because you are dumb....er... I mean its your hobby so enjoy paying for it.[/citation]
Some games are more than worth it. I've paid $60 for games, were I only get a few hours of enjoyable play out of them, so now I'm happy, regardless of what I pay, as long as I enjoy the game for more than 10 hours.
I played Oblivion, a lot, and it was worth every penny, and then some.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009

You aren't paying $150 for a game, dude. You are paying $150 for a game and - if you're a hardcore fan of the franchise - a bunch of wicked cool stuff. I don't plan on buying it but there are plenty of diehard The Elder Scrolls fans out there who would love a statue, art book and documentary DVD.

Soma42

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

Try not to hate so much. I'm sure you have hobbies plenty of people think are retarded....

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007

Well lets look at value... 150$ and i get easily a 100+ hrs of play out of it. 1.50$ a hr at the worst. And thats for the collectors edition... so regardless of what your simple mind thinks, its easily worth it from a value standpoint.

While id love to have the artbook, i dont exactly need nor have the room for various statues so ill prob pass on it.

and at capt, dont expect more than a 10% drop in price for atleast 6 months on steam.... gonna be awhile since its one of the most awaited games of its time.

sigh between this and battlefield 3, im gonna have my hands full....

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i dotn see why every oen is tripping about the 150 price tag on the CE version , sure its high hell halo reach's massive legendary set costed 150 when it first came out , but half a year later no one hardly bought it and durring holiday sales amazon had it for 100 buck (my bro got nme a copy of the LE version of halo reach at that time). I seriously doubt with thsi price tag that these sets will run out fast , most liekly folks will dodge it cos the cost and places like amazon will drop it to a more reasonable 100 later to sell them

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]oxxfatelostxxo[/nom]Well lets look at value... 150$ and i get easily a 100+ hrs of play out of it. 1.50$ a hr at the worst. And thats for the collectors edition... so regardless of what your simple mind thinks, its easily worth it from a value standpoint.While id love to have the artbook, i dont exactly need nor have the room for various statues so ill prob pass on it.and at capt, dont expect more than a 10% drop in price for atleast 6 months on steam.... gonna be awhile since its one of the most awaited games of its time.sigh between this and battlefield 3, im gonna have my hands full....[/citation]

with me it's gonna be this game and dead island that eats my time :p but yeah i agree with you this is not really a bad value as the other guy insultingly suggested , and as i stated before i'm sure amazon wil likely drop this things price to 100 if they can't sell them , wich is seeable , really not to many folks buy CE versions becasue of the cost , look at halo reach's Legendary Edition version , 6 months ater release amazon still had some availble brand new and factory sealed. and that version of that game was also in very limited production. (ask me it probably wasn't and neither wil this one be devs are just saying that in the hopes to get more people to buy them up faster).

Dannypwnsall

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
[citation][nom]azone[/nom]The game looks like it will take years to beat[/citation]
I sincerely hope it does. My gf might not be getting much more than a $20 gift card between this, battlefield 3, and a few books coming out this holiday season.

michalmierzwa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Lets be cautious, why are we previewing console version and not PC!? It should have been for PC as a 1st hand with uber graphics etc.

Please Bethesda, don't port form consoles to PC, it's going to end up like Dungeon Siege 3!

Hearing that Diablo 3 is going to require internet connection for single player, please Bethesda, save the gaming year and listen to your gaming community, fans which love your works. Don't let us down.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]oxxfatelostxxo[/nom]Well lets look at value... 150$ and i get easily a 100+ hrs of play out of it. 1.50$ a hr at the worst. And thats for the collectors edition... so regardless of what your simple mind thinks, its easily worth it from a value standpoint.While id love to have the artbook, i dont exactly need nor have the room for various statues so ill prob pass on it.and at capt, dont expect more than a 10% drop in price for atleast 6 months on steam.... gonna be awhile since its one of the most awaited games of its time.sigh between this and battlefield 3, im gonna have my hands full....[/citation]

WTF logic is that. I play tons of games and I don't pay $150 for them. I got Bad Company 2 for $33 on steam sale and played 100+ hrs, do the math on that. I have a pretty decent gaming rig and have almost 100 games on my steam acct so i know what it means to spent $$ on things that others find silly. But $150 for a game when you can pay 1/3 and get the EXACT same experience is the definition of STUPID. There is no come back/logic to defend stupid.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
I loved Oblivion... except that it didn't really feel like the game-play had really evolved much since Morrowind. I loved both games but Oblivion felt a lot like Morrowind with better graphics Captain Picard, that is to say there was a lot of Deja vu. I know it is a difficult balance between innovation and maintaining consistency within a franchise - I hope Bethesda have gotten it right!

[citation][nom]michalmierzwa[/nom]Lets be cautious, why are we previewing console version and not PC!? It should have been for PC as a 1st hand with uber graphics etc. Please Bethesda, don't port form consoles to PC, it's going to end up like Dungeon Siege 3!Hearing that Diablo 3 is going to require internet connection for single player, please Bethesda, save the gaming year and listen to your gaming community, fans which love your works. Don't let us down.[/citation]

This worries me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.