Better Audio Coming to Xbox Live in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
as long as it doesnt take 50kbps from the internet to make it sound better im good. i know 50kbps is not much to many people (even though i said it sarcastically) but to people like me stuck on 1mbps (128kbps)its a lot!!!

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]fjjb[/nom]as long as it doesnt take 50kbps from the internet to make it sound better im good. i know 50kbps is not much to many people (even though i said it sarcastically) but to people like me stuck on 1mbps (128kbps)its a lot!!![/citation]

It must suck to be you, playing XBL on that.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Am I glad I've got FiOS![/citation] I totally agree. Glad i got charter 40mb DL 3mb Up =D

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]lol... that so ancient... in my country I had 40mb dl 10 years ago. now I've 1gb dl 1gb up.[/citation]

Uh... You're mixing your units up...

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]winner4455[/nom]Uh... You're mixing your units up...[/citation]

Wake up, US is behind in broadband. They have 1Gbps up/down connections in Sweden and other Scandinavian (since 2007), Hong Kong, Japan and others. Blame the vast surface of US and business models.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Humans think[/nom]Wake up, US is behind in broadband. They have 1Gbps up/down connections in Sweden and other Scandinavian (since 2007), Hong Kong, Japan and others. Blame the vast surface of US and business models.[/citation]

Scandinavian countries have a very low population density, much lower than all but the most remote areas of the US like Alaska. But Swedes don't hate government. They pay more taxes than you do, but reap the benefits of that.

UmeNNis

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
There is no such thing as 'reaping the benefits of paying more taxes', and any who believe such a thing is possible is a moron.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
From sweden here, got 100 mbps both ways and sadly most services aren't equiped to deliver at thoose rates. Steam for instance, only delivers at measy 900 kb/sec while it could be 9-10mb/sec so the upgrades above 10mbps are only fully used at occasions (Nice to download latest nvidia 158mb drivers in less than 20 secs thoo).

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Aionism[/nom]I wish Valve would do this with their games. It feels like it's been the same quality since Counter-Strike.[/citation]

Actually, voice implementation on Valve / Steam wasn't until after Counter-Strike: Source, not the original CS. And though you're right that it hasn't really changed, it is probably because it's pretty good. Might wanna check your settings.

Aionism

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]bonezy[/nom]Actually, voice implementation on Valve / Steam wasn't until after Counter-Strike: Source, not the original CS. And though you're right that it hasn't really changed, it is probably because it's pretty good. Might wanna check your settings.[/citation]
Maybe you've been playing with your speakers turned off but voice chat was in the original CS and it sounds like a recording of a phone played on dollar store earbuds.

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
There is no such thing as 'reaping the benefits of paying more taxes', and any who believe such a thing is possible is a moron.

-----------------------------

Nonsense; higher taxes = more at-cost government services, and at-cost service is AWLAYS cheaper then the alternative. Hence why Scandanavia does so well for itself: Its citizens are willing to pay higher taxes up front in exchange for more government services at below market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.