Big Big asus s400c keyboard problem

Sergio_26

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
Hello, i have a big problem, some keys on my keyboard did not work so i got the whole palmrest with the keyboard and installed it, worked for 1 minute and then some kays stop working i went to the keyboard dealer and he grave me a new keyboard because we thought the keyboard was defective, i instaled the new one and almost inmediatly some keys stoped working, sems like something on the laptop its burning the keyboards but i dont have a culé what it is, could you please help me ? Thanx a lot in advanced

Are you sure it is hardware and not software? Try this and see if it helps.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it actually could be a power problem to the keyboard, causing it to fry it.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Sergio_26

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
Thanx for your answer webworkings, i tried everything you said i even upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 and it did not work. What i thinking is that a black plastic is the one to blame, it is between the keyboard and the motherboard and its broke, maybe the base of aluminum of the keyboard is touching the motherboard and its cousing a short cut burning up the new keyboards, i wll try covering it as soon as i can get a new keyboard, and ill keep you posted