Bigger battery into my Tablet

24seven

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hey folks,

So I picked up one of these for £33.30 (I'm British and had a discount code) because I thought for that price, why not?

Anyway I've been having a bit of a play with it, see if I can squeeze a little more functionality out of it and the first thing I thought was to improve the battery life, which is fairly poor. Unclipped the case and had a look, lo-and-behold the battery is tiny!
P1020955.jpg

I've done a quick google search of the serial numbers printed on the back of it and from what I can gather it's basically an iPhone 4 battery, albeit most likely just a cheap replacement and not an OEM quality iPhone component.
P1020956.jpg

Whilst I'm a dab hand at soldering, I don't know a thing about batteries, so all I can gather form this is that it's a 3.7v battery which charges at 4.2v (please correct me if I'm wrong). Since there's so much free space inside the case, I'd like to put in a bigger battery with a higher mAh to increase the battery life of this thing. My question to you guys is how can I find a suitable battery to do this?

inzone

Splendid
There are several factors involved in adding a larger battery and the first is that by opening the case does void the warranty but I'm sure your not concerned with that.
Next is the fact that if there could have been a larger battery installed in the first place wouldn't the manufacturer have done so.
The next and most important is that the battery that you want to put in would have to have the exact same spec's or you could toast the device.

The best way to find a battery would be to do a Google search for a battery with those sepc's to see what you come up with.