Bios recover in crisis mode after Bios problem in Acer 5942g

t_krisztian95

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
I've gt an Acer 5942g notebook with Hm55 motherboard. When i updated the bios something went wrong and after the update process restarted the notebook i've got an blank display, no bios load, just ventillator doing something.
I tried make my notebook bios in crisis mode(fn+esc bill) but i can't make a good crisis drive with wincrisis becaouse in my bios files i've got two .fd files and one .rom (i dont know is my bios is Phoenix or Insydie but i think its insydie becaouse in my bios in the windows folder the program what i used for the update, the name is Insydie update so i dont know is the wincrisis good for this.). and the wincrisis program needs an .fd and a .bin file or a .wph bios file and i dont have the .bin and either the .wph. I tried just copy the .fd file in a formatted fat32 usb drive and in crisismode but it seem not do anything. Somwhere i found about i should rename the bios file but i don't know what the name i should add for it and in the service gouide for the notebook in the chapter where tehere the bios rocever i find the steps but i cannot do it becaouse it sad make a winciris crisis disk but i cant do it and "Copy the KAYF0X64.fd BIOS file into USB flash disk root directory." but i dont have bios file with the same name and if I rename my file it not works too.
I hope i can do it whitout get off the CMOS batter becaous its difficult to find and without replace the Bios chip. :(
Sorry my bad english!
Thanks for the help!

Solution
I can solved the problem.
What i needed:
-2gb Flash Driver -> Format FAT
-Copy BIOS .fd format file to the Formatted Flash Drive
-Plug the Flash Drive to the USB on the left hand side
-Start notebook in Crisis mode
-Pendrive led started activity
-2-3 minutes later notebook restart and done.:D

t_krisztian95

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
I can solved the problem.
What i needed:
-2gb Flash Driver -> Format FAT
-Copy BIOS .fd format file to the Formatted Flash Drive
-Plug the Flash Drive to the USB on the left hand side
-Start notebook in Crisis mode
-Pendrive led started activity
-2-3 minutes later notebook restart and done.:D

Solution

DuRoi

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
This is indeed very precious information t_krisztian95. :bounce:
Thank you very much for it.
Have a great 2015 with good health. God bless you.

P.S- This information should be adapted to each situation, computer model and bios version. read both posts careful and think. Don´t give up.

ACER SUCKS, they don´t give almost any information about bios recover and we all know why ....

leewatts85

Estimable
Aug 13, 2015

did you use wincrisis with this method? also is it best to just have the files you need on the flash drive, thanks

gazi121

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015

Hi
Which files do you transfer to the flash