bitdefender/ eset / avast /avg /kaspersky antivirus?

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
im looking for the best security for my pc which uses minimum of resources and provides the maximum of security regardless of the price....need help choosing the best.....

williamcummins

Estimable
May 9, 2014
Avast offers a mediocre free product trial, but if you're willing to pay, it's a very complete antivirus.
Bitdefender would be the best free antivirus IMO. Non-intrusive and yet powerfull. The free version lacks in features, but that's the point i guess.

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

what about eset??

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

personally....which one would u ask me to buy???

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

would bitdefender total security 2015 be fine???

williamcummins

Estimable
May 9, 2014

I think Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 would be more than enough. Unless you absolutely want a 2-way firewall and a embedded encryption software, you don't need the Total security version.
http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

just got bitdefender total security 2015...i also have iobit advanced system care 8.2 pro which says it provides real time protection so should i uninstall iobit advanced system care or let it be??

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

what makes u say that? bitdefender is the top antivirus since few years i suppose.... have u personally had any issues using bitdefnder? so which AV do u suggest?

Paul NZ

Admirable
Like I said none of them because of the above. I've fixed pcs with all of those on it. Because they've either stuffed things up blocked nothing. malware etc has still got on it. Or they've crashed windows

I use 3 PC's here. None of them have any of those programs on them, because of the above. I stick with what Windows installed on them

Never had any probs with any of them. Dont go to dodgy sites get dodgy files. Know what youre installing. You wont need anything else

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

windows defender is so vulnerable, that i know.... using only windows defender for pc is like using a frying pan to block urself against a fire-breathing dragon.... :D

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
iobit advanced system is terrible get that off of your system replace it with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free. Bitdefender has a terrible reputation with its customers so goodluck with that thing. I hope you didn't get total security one. Internet security suit is the max you need with some expert saying Internet security does not provide any extra protection or less protection. Bitdefender firewall isn't good.

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

i am using iobit advanced system care 8.2 pro as an optimization tool rather than anything.....preciously i was hooked up with avg pc tuneup....i am currently hooked up with bitdefender total security and to my surprise and regardless of many negative reviews, i found bitdefender better than others....
i would love to know a good optimization software that would make my pc run faster and smoother...... what would u recommend???

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Oh alright, I just wouldn't trust Orbit as the company was involve stealing Malwarebytes malware signature database a couple years ago and after they were caught and remove the stolen signature data their anti-malware software became crap.

CCleaner is what I use for computer maintenance but I think you are fine with Orbit for that. You only need 1 to do the job.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I think iobit advanced system has a feature that disable background computer process to free up some cpu/ram usage to make your computer run a bit faster, CCleaner does not have that and I would prefer upgrading hardware then relying those boost feature as they can be disabling stuff you would want it to be running like antiviruses or autoupdate checkers (can customize to whitelist if you know your processes).

Avishek Kc

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

indeed the driver booster, start up manager , program deactivator , memory optimizer from iobit advanced system care pro are wonderful from what i have used.... cheers mate u have helped me alot