Bitdefender Total Security 2014 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auvigne

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014
I purchased Bitdefender Total Security 2014 after having Bitdefender 2013. I had nothing but problems from day one. I was asked to update to the Total Security but then told to wait until my current version ran out to get the full amount of coverage. I did this and after having day long problems with everything they refused a refund. I had so many "support tickets" it was comical. I couldn't connect to the internet, I couldn't print, I couldn't do ANYTHING on my computer without closing Bitdefender's firewall. Of course it took me quite a while to discover this program was causing my issues. After that it seems it was turned off more than it was turned on. Their support team had me going places in my computer that I had no idea about - then having me turn off or turn on settings or make changes. However none of these "solutions" ever completely solved the problems; another seemed to appear a short time later. I finally threw in the towel and asked for a prorated refund. Guess what - they refused! I would not recommend the 2014 Total Defense to anyone. If you get it don't be surprised if you find you must turn off the firewall to do oh so many ordinary tasks on your computer!

AlexPoker

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is good, but do not trust. In Russia ruled by the KGB and the Goebbels propaganda they certainly engaged in espionage. Russian security services using Kaspersky Anti-Virus for spying and stealing passwords!

googlepuke

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
I had Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows 8 PC and it seemed to be working fine for over a year. Until one day..........Then all hell broke loose and I became entrapped in the dreaded Rescue Mode. From there, everything was tried from reconfiguring boot mode to complete resetting the PC BIOS. It was scary. What did not help was that the Bitdefender 24/7 (theoretically) operations are based on Romania and their Level 2 and 3 techs who know how to get things done operate in their normal business hours which means you are in deep trouble in North America or definitely on weekends when they usually do not get back to you until the next business day. And you what that means....Given this, if you need some good forward protection or have simple issues - like updating, virus detection and removal, help on how to address basic problems, etc., Bitdefender is good. However, if serious problems occur where your core computing like BIOS or hardware components are involve, be prepared to be absorbed or do without your PC for a long time.

googlepuke

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
I had Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows 8 PC and it seemed to be working fine for over a year. Until one day..........Then all hell broke loose and I became entrapped in the dreaded Rescue Mode. From there, everything was tried from reconfiguring boot mode to complete resetting the PC BIOS. It was scary. What did not help was that the Bitdefender 24/7 (theoretically) operations are based on Romania and their Level 2 and 3 techs who know how to get things done operate in their normal business hours which means you are in deep trouble in North America or definitely on weekends when they usually do not get back to you until the next business day. And you what that means....Given this, if you need some good forward protection or have simple issues - like updating, virus detection and removal, help on how to address basic problems, etc., Bitdefender is good. However, if serious problems occur where your core computing like BIOS or hardware components are involve, be prepared to be absorbed or do without your PC for a long time.

melen

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
I am confused with Bitdefender firewall. Do I have to disable Wins 7 firewall or does Bitdefender when installing sets it up? Are both running or what? Please clarify this issue.
Thanks
George Melendez
Puerto Rico

melen

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Avast is very good software but happens to be a memory hog...... it slows down your PC.....

sisowrd

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
I've been working on Avira free antivirus for years and its just great i mean never faced any problem and more it captured many virus that other antiviruses didnt even detect them .... THNX AVIRA :)

Teodor

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
It is a piece of crap, i bought a licence for 2years, after instaling i had to reinstal windows, no help no refund, never by a licence from them again!!!!

Forensics

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
Who ever is writing these articles on the worst fucking antivirus programs on earth should be whipped and gagged... You don't even have a clue! I remove the 3 programs you claim is the best of the best from every PC server or laptop my company works on. ARE YOU JUST PLUM STUPID or did you just get a paycheck?

shanef

Estimable
Apr 30, 2014
BitDefender (provided by Avangate) is a terrible product and even worse company. Purchased it last year but have had nothing with trouble with it. Crashed computer, slowed down performance. So flicked over to another antivirus product and everything works perfectly. Sent them an email to cancel my account 10 months ago, but just yesterday they charge me for a renewal. So email them to ask for a refund to which they refuse because it is auto renewal. Say I sent a cancellation email and am told I need to contact someone completely different to organise a refund. Avoid like the plague people, worst customer service ever!!!

Gadgetress

Estimable
May 16, 2014
Hidden in the Terms of Use which most people don't bother to read because we have a family, a job, and more important things to do than read a mundane novel related to well... Come to find out, they sneak an auto renewal on you. So by the time you have purchased your newest Total Security software, Voila! Extra bank drafts! On top of that you purchased a better version than the year before with the SAME company, and they will not refund your money for the auto renewals you had no clue existed. Bummer! Their support is contrary to the meaning for Support. So if you want a program that looks cool, but makes you login to three separate sites to keep from being robbed, and not giving a care whether or not you are pleased with their service or level of commitment, than this is your cup of tea. Mine was more like a cup of mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.