Black Laptop screen

Bambam47

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
So I know of the battery trick but it worked but when I put it into sleep mode and turn it back on again I can hear the HDD ad lights up but no logo

Solution
Since you say you can see on an external monitor.... Check the display itself, shine a flashlight on it at different angles, and see if you can see a faint view of your desktop. If no, you should then look inside to make sure that the ribbon cable that connects it isn't loose, dislodged, damaged, bent, pinched, etc.

If none of this helps, you may well just need a new display.

NOTE: If this laptop is still under warranty, do not do any work on it inside, don't open it up, and contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

LaserNinja11

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
When you put it to sleep,do the hdd lights wtc stay on, or do they flash. Also, when most laptops are put to sleep, you'll hear the fan spin down, and the hdd leds etc will intimitently flash. If the fan stays spinning, and the leds stay on, the laptop os simply not going to sleep.

Since you say you can see on an external monitor.... Check the display itself, shine a flashlight on it at different angles, and see if you can see a faint view of your desktop. If no, you should then look inside to make sure that the ribbon cable that connects it isn't loose, dislodged, damaged, bent, pinched, etc.

If none of this helps, you may well just need a new display.

NOTE: If this laptop is still under warranty, do not do any work on it inside, don't open it up, and contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

Solution