Black screen after cleaning fan.

Pretsnor

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Hello,

Recently, my laptop was overheating. So much, that it shut itself down during a gaming session. So, i decided to clean the fan and replace the termal paste. I did everything extremely careful, but now my laptop won't boot anymore!

Some details:

Laptop:
Acer v3-571, 3.5 years old.
4 gb ram
Nvidia geforce 630m

Worked okay except heating issues.

Cleaning:
Removed Ram and HDD.
Disassembled mother board.
Located fan, cleaned it from dust.
Removed old thermal paste on cpu and gpu, cleaned with a cloth. Replaced with New paste.
Assembled everything.

Current status:
Screen stay black on booting.

Signs of life:
Fan spins.
CD drive spins when i insert a cd.
On boot, HDD led indicator flashes quickly and shortly.

Things i tried:
Hard reboot (60 sec powerbutton)
External display also gives no signal.

Any ideas on how to proceed now? Thanks!

Solution

Only wireless was a problem. Turned out that I did not reconnect the wireless adapter well... I reconnected it and now everything works perfectly again.

So basically my problems are solved now. And, good to mention, my cleaning and thermal paste treatment worked very well: my CPU's went from temperatures around 70-90 degrees (celsius) to around 50 degrees when browsing/using word. Happy!

Pretsnor

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
UPDATE!

I had access to another laptop. I removed my own Ram and replaced it with the ram of the other laptop and it works!! So, i think i have destroyed my own ram during the process :(. Luckily, ram is quite cheap these days.

Problem 2: unfortunately, now I do not have connection to the Internet. How to fix this New Problem?

Pretsnor

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016

Only wireless was a problem. Turned out that I did not reconnect the wireless adapter well... I reconnected it and now everything works perfectly again.

So basically my problems are solved now. And, good to mention, my cleaning and thermal paste treatment worked very well: my CPU's went from temperatures around 70-90 degrees (celsius) to around 50 degrees when browsing/using word. Happy!

Solution