I have an Acer Aspire E14. I uses it regularly, then one day i didn't notice it that the battery is running low then battery drains. I plugged in the charger and waited by almost 5 mins. then power on. THEN THE BIGGEST FEAR HAPPENS TO ME. IT ONLY SHOWS UP BLACK SCREEN AND MOUSE CURSOR. please help guys. i really need your help..
I recently read some solutions on internet but im really looking for the best solution..
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still load into the black screen with the mouse pointer, press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select Task Manager.
- Once Task Manager is open click on File then select New Task, type explorer.exe and click OK.
- If the desktop will come back on try running System Restore, restore the laptop into an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If it will not boot up do try loading the laptop into Safe Mode.
- While the laptop is booting up, repeatedly press on F8 until it boots to Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Once in Safe mode do try running System Restore again.
- If all these will not work last option would be to reinstall Windows.