Black screen on boot up

mrweed001

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Hey guys I just bought a GT72VR 7RE Dominator pro a couple days ago and it's great. There is one problem though that bothers the crap out of me and that is when I boot up my notebook it shows the MSI logo then goes to a black screen and sits there for 1 to 3 minutes, then goes back to the MSI logo and boots up in a couple seconds and the computer then runs fine. All help is appreciated! Thanks.

Solution
It took me a couple hours but I fixed it. I went to device manager and updated the firmware. Then that gave me a problem where It wouldn't boot to windows at all and it only gave me access to the BIOS... Then figured out the problem which had to do with SATA not being on the right configuration. Then I had the worst problem out of all of this... after updating the firmware (BIOS) from the device manager my Windows 10 deactivated on me for some odd reason. I then had to get ahold of Microsoft and they did some magic and now everything is fine and dandy. Just took a good 7 hours or so of all of this lol

mrweed001

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
It took me a couple hours but I fixed it. I went to device manager and updated the firmware. Then that gave me a problem where It wouldn't boot to windows at all and it only gave me access to the BIOS... Then figured out the problem which had to do with SATA not being on the right configuration. Then I had the worst problem out of all of this... after updating the firmware (BIOS) from the device manager my Windows 10 deactivated on me for some odd reason. I then had to get ahold of Microsoft and they did some magic and now everything is fine and dandy. Just took a good 7 hours or so of all of this lol

Solution