Solved! black screen on my lenovo ideapad 110 help.....

Oct 17, 2018
everything was working fine till i did a window update that took forever to install after not using my laptop for a few weeks after installing some kinda window update i ran it for the first time after login in it loaded up i seen a new wallpaper i never seen before after a few mins i see im stuck at a black screen with the mouse arrow just sitting there after a few hard resets i finally get thru the black screen now everytime i wanna use my laptop i have to reset it a few times which take up 15/20 mins can anyone help me? im on win 10 using a lenovo ideapad 110

Solution
Next time you get to the black screen with cursor, hit the left Shift key 5 times. It doesn't have to be that key but that key won't enter characters if something is working in the background so is safe. This should bring up the Sticky Keys window. Click on "Go to the Ease of Access Center...." this will take you into Set up Sticky Keys. Look at the top bar and you will see the path that you are in within the Control Panel, click on "All Control Panel items". You should be in the familiar control panel. Click on Troubleshooting. Click on "Fix problems with Windows Update" under System and Security. Run that and see if it finds issues and have it fix them. This just resurrected a system I had as it was stuck on a pending reboot so that...

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Next time you get to the black screen with cursor, hit the left Shift key 5 times. It doesn't have to be that key but that key won't enter characters if something is working in the background so is safe. This should bring up the Sticky Keys window. Click on "Go to the Ease of Access Center...." this will take you into Set up Sticky Keys. Look at the top bar and you will see the path that you are in within the Control Panel, click on "All Control Panel items". You should be in the familiar control panel. Click on Troubleshooting. Click on "Fix problems with Windows Update" under System and Security. Run that and see if it finds issues and have it fix them. This just resurrected a system I had as it was stuck on a pending reboot so that is why it never got past the black screen.

Solution