Solved! Black Screen When i plug charger Dell Precision M6500

martinn.raevv

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Hello everyone, i've asked a friend of mine and he told me that you will help me if i have an issue. So i've downloaded World of Warcraft and i start playing, but my batery went off, so i plug the charger... but after like 10 min i get black screen and the laptop just freez, nothing work unless holding power button...

My laptop spec:
Intel core I7
Nnidia quadro fx m3800
8gb of ram

Solution

I used software called "msi afterburner" i decreaced my graphic card voltage or watever it does and BooM... it worked, no black screen no nothing. I've decreased my fps prom 60 to 40 but atleast it's something. So i guess my video card is running down..

RealBeast

Distinguished
The Dell mobile workstations really are not meant to be use on just batteries, they take far too much power. In any case, if you have not yet replaced your battery it is time to buy a new one. I've had the same issue on a number of mobile workstations and it was always fixed with a new battery.

martinn.raevv

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

Hello, thak you for the fast reply. I've tested my battery with software and it was 100% health, it's holding like 30 minutes on full load. But eaven when i remove the battery to play on charger i still get this black screen, i cannot get eaven past login screen sometimes (In the game).

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from martinn.raevv : "Black Screen When i plug charger Dell Precision M6500"

martinn.raevv

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

I used software called "msi afterburner" i decreaced my graphic card voltage or watever it does and BooM... it worked, no black screen no nothing. I've decreased my fps prom 60 to 40 but atleast it's something. So i guess my video card is running down..

Solution