Black screen when trying to install/Download

Jun 10, 2018
When trying to install a game or some sort of software my laptop screen turns black with no cursor unless I move it around, then the cursor shows the the loading circld and the cursor size is bigger.Not sure what's going on.

Solution
First try updating all your drivers. Especially the display ones. Then I would try running some good deep scans for both viruses and malware. Most programs don't check for both. If neither of these resolves it or turns up any problems, then I would look at the last thing that was done before this started happening. Program install, update, what? Then go to "Start" and in the search box type "system restore" (without the quotes). Choose "System Restore" from the list (it should be at the top) and locate a restore point that is prior to the problem starting. Choose that point and start the restoration.

NOTE: This will not delete any files you have on the computer, it will, however, remove anything that was installed after that restore...
First try updating all your drivers. Especially the display ones. Then I would try running some good deep scans for both viruses and malware. Most programs don't check for both. If neither of these resolves it or turns up any problems, then I would look at the last thing that was done before this started happening. Program install, update, what? Then go to "Start" and in the search box type "system restore" (without the quotes). Choose "System Restore" from the list (it should be at the top) and locate a restore point that is prior to the problem starting. Choose that point and start the restoration.

NOTE: This will not delete any files you have on the computer, it will, however, remove anything that was installed after that restore point.

Solution