BlackBerry 10 Browser Test Outperforms iOS, Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerman

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
I knew about this awhile ago. Good to see that they have kept their lead. I have also seen my playbook outrender a Xoom in person, so I think we have a win there, too!

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Rendering speed is a good thing.

But the things I miss most about going away from BB are still:

Keyboard
Trackpad
Universal Inbox
Instant Email/Notifications
Full application integration between social apps/contacts

Things I will NEVER miss from by BB:
SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW startup time (over 15 minutes)
Medeocre battery life
Slow processor
Poor application selection
Poor application stability
SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW startup time (again, this was a big deal, negated the use of replacement and extended batteries, god forbid you drop your phone and the battery pops out).

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Rendering speed is a good thing.But the things I miss most about going away from BB are still:KeyboardTrackpadUniversal InboxInstant Email/NotificationsFull application integration between social apps/contactsThings I will NEVER miss from by BB:SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW startup time (over 15 minutes) Medeocre battery lifeSlow processorPoor application selectionPoor application stabilitySLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW startup time (again, this was a big deal, negated the use of replacement and extended batteries, god forbid you drop your phone and the battery pops out).[/citation]
Slow startup times have pretty much disappeared, now it's only a slow shut down. Not 15 mins though, more like, 1.

G

This along with the good reviews of Surface is welcome news! Anything that hurts Android and the Korean copycat evil empire AKA SamSUCK is a win for the consumer and for innovation!

As soon as real Apple competitors spring up, the only people running Android will be the hobbyist nerds who root their phones to get around paying for anything.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Slow startup times have pretty much disappeared, now it's only a slow shut down. Not 15 mins though, more like, 1.[/citation]
I figured that this was improved. It was too big of a deal to ignore. I also know that they have added touch screen support and improved their processors. However, I hope they BB understands that while I appreciate the addition of a touch screen, it isn't license to get rid of the trackpad and keybard.

TBH, the Torch was probably their best form factor, other than the Bold. They just needed to improve the OS and the guts, as the form factor was fantastic.

G

unless that thing can give oral under an execs desk, the corp. change to Iphones and android wont make them go back anytime soon

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
A wifi hotspot is always going to be faster than 3G. This test seems kind of pointless unless both are tested 'one at a time' on the same network. The browser benchmarks on the iPhone 5 are pretty good, certainly better than most Android phones with the possible exception of the Nexus 4!

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Stash1121[/nom]This along with the good reviews of Surface is welcome news! Anything that hurts Android and the Korean copycat evil empire AKA SamSUCK is a win for the consumer and for innovation!As soon as real Apple competitors spring up, the only people running Android will be the hobbyist nerds who root their phones to get around paying for anything.[/citation]

Android will still be the No. 1 platform for a while. IOS/Apple isn't even a competitor to Android anymore.

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I'm not sure what websites they're using, but I've yet to find a website that takes anywhere near that long to load on my Lumia 920, whether on wi-fi or 3G/LTE. Well, unless I'm in an area with poor signal or the network is congested, but of course that has nothing to do with the browser. It seems like they cherry-picked website that take an inordinate amount of time to load in general, and one of them IE failed to load at all -- also something I've never had an issue with on my phone.

Color me unimpressed.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Good stuff. Way to go RIM. I'm rooting for you.[/citation]
At this point for RIM, it's a long way to the top if you want to rock n' roll. Way to go, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.