BlackBerry Storm Firmware Update Imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakrah

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Other than the fact it lags, the button for pushing the touch screen stops responding, the tilt sensor is awful, scrolling in menus is terrible and it freezes. Its perfect.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
As an IT manager of 100 PDA devices over the past 4 years (all Window mobile) I took on a Storm for myself the day it came out and I absolutely love it. Best device I have ever had.

bkraft4637

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
thats simply stating that you had a pc and went to mac (he hmmm and I'm a IT director too). thats like stating you always ate apples and now you tried your first orange and now you liked it. LOL

bkraft4637

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
thats simply stating that you had a pc and went to mac (he hmmm and I'm a IT director too). thats like stating you always ate apples and now you tried your first orange and now you liked it. LOL

bkraft4637

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007

G

.113 has been out as a beta for quite some time. Version .122 has been partially leaked and is available for those who want to play with it. I personally have been on version .109 beta for a few weeks and it runs much better than the current .75 (official) version.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]startingline13[/nom]Wow, didn't realize we would find so many iPhone phanboyz on here[/citation]

I didn't realize we had so many Storm fanboys. I owned the phone for 28 days before taking advantage of Verizon's 30-day return policy. The 15% I lost on the device was more than worth it to rid myself of it. Anyone who uses the Storm and actually enjoys it must be the first time owner of any cell phone.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
i had my iphone for 6 months. the blackberry storm came out and me and my friend decided to trade for a bit to see which one we liked better. I had it for 2 days, then i started to beg for him to give my iphone back. he wanted my iphone, the storm is pretty dum. especialy with the click screen>annoying

G

I had a Palm and the storm is better. However, it is not nearly as refined as the Iphone. I needed the phone more than the apps, and Verizon is clearly better than AT&T. One of the most frustrating things about the screen is that when your finger is over a letter there is a blue glow ( ET like ) but you can't see through your fingers and often end up with the wrong letter being typed. If I had to do it over I would wait for the Niagra and stay with a regular keyboard. Also, to have to go to Crackberry for more functional firmware is crazy, but necessary. They are the free beta testers. Firmware 122 is already out and now Verizon is going to release 113 at some future date? Also, some of the apps are not made specifically for the storm and have issues on it. All in all not ready for prime time. This is from someone who likes Blackberry.

G

I have two major problems with my storm, both of which claim to be resolved with the comming update. My storm wacks out EVERY TIME I receive an MMS message. It alerts me with a vibe and beep and then no icon, no nothing. Its not frozen, but the "radio" has turned off and can't be turned back on without first doing a battery pull. Essentially this means, if I am not sitting right there to hear that a message came in and screwed up my phone, I have no way of knowing I am disconnected. Since this is a business phone, it's truly an unacceptable glitch. My second annoying issue: 80% of the time, my multitap keyboard behaves like the suretype keyboard. I constantly have to go in the options to "enable multitap". Also, my camera viewfinder opens at random when using the internet, constant freezing up requiring battery pull and the landscape keyboard lights up the "U" but types a "y". I really have tried to be patient with the learning curve, as this is my first blackberry device. Initially I thought most of these issues were operator error and I just needed time to get used to it. I don't feel that way anymore. And amazingly enough, I still do like the phone. Now if I can just figure out what I am doing wrong to answer a phone call. Without touching the unit AT ALL, it will sometimes go to "dismiss call". Maybe the phone isn't faulty at all.... maybe it has a ghost in it.

G

Trust me, the storm is shit. I have it, and now use no cell phone ever. Just keeping it charged is a hassle.

IT IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STAY AWAY FROM IT

ALL USERS BEWARE...

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
um...I dont know who puts these articles together but a little basic research would tell you that version .122 is going to be released as the next VZW update.

I love my storm, I have since day one. Iphones are overpriced pieces of junk that are like every other piece of overpriced junk from Apple. Someday people will look back on this point in history and wonder how we survived as a human race when the masses were enslaved by the chicanery that is Apple.

G

The storm is garbage. At the very least, Blackberry should offer users the debugged version they plan to offer in September as a replacement. Little irritations like your cheek pressing the Mute button evry time your on an important business call (and the inability to turn the mute off) or the inability to sync your phone via bluetooth or the crappiest voice quality (callers say I sound muffled) of any phone on the market combine to make the Blackberry storm the biggest piece of junk your money can buy.

G

to nybiker, if people say you sound muffled you should definitely call and get it replaced. ive had that issue many times with it, im on my 5th replacement all had the same problem its a known issue. aside from that, and thats a major issue, i love the phone. the click screen is great to me and i hated typing w. the iphone. the cheek hitting the mute button can be easily fixed by installing screenlock which is a free app and works great. no bluetooth issues what so ever. the real problem is verizon here for not releasing the updates. anyone who has installed the leaked versions say the storm is the best phone ever. verizon needs to take off the kid gloves already, they really are so out of touch w. the real customer. this is grandpa's cell phone company.

Status
Not open for further replies.