Blake Stone Source Code Released After 20 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I'd like to see the source code to DAS-BOOT as well.

Great way to figure out how they made DOS games with assembly and C. Back when you had to work to make a game! No direct X just nerdism

sam_p_lay

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Supercolossal +1 to Heretic and Blood remakes! I still play Blood from time to time in DOSBox. Awesome game. I loved Blake Stone when I was little but feel a modern version could lose the magic of the original. It would need to be "retro" styled I think interms of music, visual design etc.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Blood was an awsome game in terms of the weapons used.
It was and still is in my opinion the most creative weapons in a game up to date.
Not to mention it was the 1st game that added alternative fire mode that actually was fun to use.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I don't see the point of releasing this source code when much more technologically advanced games, such as Doom 3, have already had their source code released years ago.

This engine appears to be pretty much the Wolfenstein 3D engine with just the addition of ceiling and floor texturing.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I'd like to see the source code to DAS-BOOT as well.

Great way to figure out how they made DOS games with assembly and C. Back when you had to work to make a game! No direct X just nerdism

Status
Not open for further replies.