Blizzard Hiring PS3 Developer for Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

robisinho

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
this makes it pretty certain that diablo 3 won't release for at least a year .. damn, there were rumors that q3/q4 of this year it might

wcnighthawk

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Wait, this is the reason they kept pushing it back, so that they can release on that crappy system? Release it first on the PC and throw the PS users a bone later.

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Thank you for being about a year late on this news... Way to write an article that everyone knew they were hiring for a console team... fail.

G

Other than this being ancient news, I am still upset that they are wasting time developing for that piss poor excuse for a console. There is absolutely no f'ing way I'm buying a PS3, just to put my battle.net info in so some newb hackers can snatch my stuff. DO NOT WANT!

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]ironmb[/nom]Thank you for being about a year late on this news... Way to write an article that everyone knew they were hiring for a console team... fail.[/citation]
Ah uh. I'm sure everyone in the world already new this information... Who else here actually has? This is an open question.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Can you use a mouse/keyboard on the PS3? Sure hope so, can't imagine selecting enemies with a joystick. Also, this better in no way, shape, or form delay the PC version (though I don't believe it will). Perhaps the 360 is an incompetent port due to not having the capabilities of 'maxed' graphics they want.

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I have a friend who works for Monolith. Apparently all you have to do is poke your head in to any random office and say "PS3" and you will immediately generate laughter.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I'd be pretty mad at Microsoft if Sony gets this and they don't. Granted the 360's Live isn't cross-platform (they alpha'd this internally with Halo 2, didn't go well, the console users got creamed), and the PS3 is starting to embrace this. A pat on the back for Sony, at least something's going right for them.

I personally use a Xim3 for my 360 with Black Ops, and it is quite an unfair advantage over my opponents.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]Ah uh. I'm sure everyone in the world already new this information... Who else here actually has? This is an open question.[/citation]

I didn't know. Toms' was very informative!

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Bet we'll find out either this week at E3 2011 (unlikely) or BlizzCon 2011 taking place later on this year (highly likely).

The trailer was produced by G4 to pimp their own news coverage of the event. They're a press outlet. They threw it in there because it looked cool, I'm sure.

We will not have a booth at E3, and we aren't planning any announcements.

I'll be there though! Getting my grubby hands on some awesome games.
-Bashiok

Just saying.

Mario75

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
[citation][nom]afiodhsdoif[/nom]cry more pc dearest comrade[/citation]

Another inbred shitbox360 owner with low IQ..i guess soon schools soon wont be neede,since they IQ will so low,that even doctors wont help.
FCUK CONSOLES,FREEDOM FOR PC xD (cant wait till next shitbox360 owner comes here with rage) LOL

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Oh good, another game with it's potential limited by assembly line consoles. For a second I thought we were actually moving forward.

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]Mario75[/nom]Another inbred shitbox360 owner with low IQ..i guess soon schools soon wont be neede,since they IQ will so low,that even doctors wont help.FCUK CONSOLES,FREEDOM FOR PC xD (cant wait till next shitbox360 owner comes here with rage) LOL[/citation]

So obviously written by a console gamer to stir things up a bit. Your juvenile antics stand out a mile. However upon saying that, you do have a point IF I understood correctly what you were trying to say :)

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]robisinho[/nom]this makes it pretty certain that diablo 3 won't release for at least a year .. damn, there were rumors that q3/q4 of this year it might[/citation]

The PC version could certainly ship before the PS3 version is half done. If the game content, story, cut-scene videos, item graphics, audio, etc are all finished it's just performing a port to the PS3. Torchlight was ported from PC to Xbox 360 long after it's initial PC launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.