Blu-ray Player Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Why not review the 3600 sammy? The ability to connect to a PC share with NO software or special configuration on the home network is amazingly nice and simple. I can browse my collection of DIVX movies (hundreds) and play them without a hitch. I have no reason for a home theater PC when this player can connect to my 5-year old home seerver pc and play it's content so nicely.

Do these devices spellt he end of the home theater PC? On the 3600 I can download NetFlix, Blockbuster, player Pandora internet radio and watch YouTube videos for hourssss (very addicting). What can a HTPC do that this player can't? Just a question for THG.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
I still recommend the PS3, even if the person has no interest in games.
specially the newer, quieter one with bitstream. great at BD, great media streamer, and they are always updating it and adding new stuff.
the only reason I'd get a standalone is if I already had an xbox that does all that stuff except bluray.

mtn ranger

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
The BD60 does NOT play DIVX/XVID files, only the BD80. Secondly, you can burn AVCHD camcorder files (Canon HF100) to a DVD and play on my BD60.

I think its a good player. Some people have been reporting that it has a random skipping problem.

dachande73

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Pioneer....bleh. I have an OPPO BDP-83. Plays anyting I throw at it and has excellent dvd upconversion.

G

mtn ranger
Could you please advise how to create the AVCHD DVD?
I am using multiAVCHD and Imgburn and I only get a black screen, no image, no sound..

Status
Not open for further replies.