Blu ray player skipping in my computer

Hoodini

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
this is my second dell first xps 1540, dell replaced it with a studio 1640 xps,windows 7 with t9600 2.8 ghz processor, 8 gb memory, and ATI Mobility Radeon hd 3670 graphics card my blu ray disc skips every 10 to 20 seconds, hd dvd's play just fine, running Power dvd software 8.3 version from dell pack, the mother board has been replaced twice along with the player, to no sucess, dell now wants to re-format my hard drive just a pain, does anyone know what may be causing this issue I tried to contact cyberlink for help they won't take calls only internet communications and they don't return messages, i had read that there is a version 9 power dvd that might help but can get information or maybe these drives won't work on a computer?

Have you tried updating the firmware/drivers from Dell's support site for the drive? That could potentially get it going normally again. If that is a no go, I'd recommend upgrading or trying different software to play your blu-rays on. Do you know if this is a common issue for laptops with the same blu-ray drive in it?

Hoodini

Distinguished
May 22, 2010