Blue screen of death

Kayla_87

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
I have an Inspiron n4030 Dell laptop. That I use for online classes. I run the windows 7 home premium on it. Lately it's been crashing with the blue screen. Now I can't even load it up. What do I do

Solution
Well with that error it would make one first think of a hard drive failing, but that doesn't have to be the case. It could also be bad RAM that is the cause.

However, before opening up the device yourself to check, or having someone else do it, make sure that the laptop is no longer under warranty. If it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacture. If not, then it is up to you who does the work. :)

Kayla_87

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017

Simply keeps stating that some update or installation could cause it I don't have the original installation disk... So I don't know what caused it but now I can't even log on before the blue screen.. however I can run it In safe mode for like 5 mins..
Please help this is the only computer I have for school

Kayla_87

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017

Yes same stop error... The crash dumps and restarts.. to repair your computer.. but since I don't have the disk idk what to do...
This is really troubling... I had another computer but the hard drive isn't found on it.. I wonder could the hard drive be switched between laptops..

Kayla_87

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017

I ran diagnostic and it came up with this error message
Error code 2000-0146

Is there an easy fix for this

Well with that error it would make one first think of a hard drive failing, but that doesn't have to be the case. It could also be bad RAM that is the cause.

However, before opening up the device yourself to check, or having someone else do it, make sure that the laptop is no longer under warranty. If it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacture. If not, then it is up to you who does the work. :)

Solution