Bluetooth headset connection in windows 8 laptop

naiksi

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I'm trying to connect my plantronics bluetooth headset on my laptop with windows 8. the headsets gets paired successfully in the devices page but the audio is played from the laptop device. the headset shows DC in the audio device manager window in the control panel. The option is grey'd out and doesn't react to right click and click on connect. Please help.

G

once the device is paired, right click on the volume icon in system tray, then select "playback devices". in the pop up window, do you see your Plantronics Bluetooth headset listed? if so, select it, then click the "set default" button. audio should get re-routed to the headset itself. if not, look around in that window. there may be other options. you can click on properties for said device, configure, etc.

I hope this helps. Not sure why the option itself is greyed out. :-\

solankith

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014

I was facing the same issue. Your tip was helpful. Thanks a ton!

johnmdws3

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
I have a Windows 8.1 Dell Inspiron 15 and the bluetooth adapter is not even finding my bluetooth headset, a Blast BT-007. Can anybody help?

Alyksandrei

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015

Are you sure your headset is in pairing mode (also known as discovery mode)? If your headset is not discoverable, your computer will not be able to see it.

Once it's paired, I think it should be able to connect as long as the power is on...but I've been having trouble with that part.