bluray as an external tv speaker

bob_6698

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
I have a samsung TV with speakers blown. It has rca, optical audio out. Also have a samsung blueray surround sound system but it doesn't have hdmi passthrough. I'd like to use the bluray player as an external speaker for the TV. Is that even possible? I'd like it to act like a audio receiver but seems the only way for that bluray to produce sound is when its outputting the video.

Solution
Many of these all-in-one, blue ray players with built-in amplifier cannot, are not friendly, for you to hook up anything else to it, as you already found out.

It is very simple, you already answered your own question, does the blue ray thing has RCA, optical inputs? if not, your are S.O.L. If available, the presence of HDMI ARC on both the TV and the blue ray will also work.
Many of these all-in-one, blue ray players with built-in amplifier cannot, are not friendly, for you to hook up anything else to it, as you already found out.

It is very simple, you already answered your own question, does the blue ray thing has RCA, optical inputs? if not, your are S.O.L. If available, the presence of HDMI ARC on both the TV and the blue ray will also work.

Solution