Bon Jovi: Steve Jobs Killed Music Industry

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Boo hoo. We bought records/CDs because they were the highest quality, back then. MP3's don't skip when you're driving down the road with a perfectly clean disc in the player.
Sure looking at art work is cool if it's any good (which was 1 out of 10 albums at best). What these entertainers/record industry don't want to acknowledge is that the vast majority of the people who buy their albums have a lot less money than they do, even/especially now. With the pace of life and all the necessary expenses we have these days, we'd rather not blindly fork over $10-20 to "get lost in the magic" of an album, trying to convince ourselves that the even the crappy ones were worth it. Basically he and other musicians are just whining about the fact the consumer has more resources available these days to make more informed decisions. If they were smart they'd also realize how much potential the internet/DD has for their careers too if it's used to their advantage. But they're stuck in the past way of thinking.

PS, I love the South Park episode about this issue.

G

What a load of bollocks. Yes I agree that there is something great about bying a cd, and there is something sad to me about the decline of record stores, just as it probably was for those who bought vinyl or tapes back in the day (well maybe not tapes), but how does he know that so called kids today dont get as much of a kick out of downloading their music as others did buying a cd? You cant stop progress. Maybe he would also like to go back to the good ole days of VHS video, I mean dont you just long for the days of scratchy lofi pictures before the nasty DVD and Bluray came along?
Maybe what Bon's problem is here is that his sales have suffered, (and he just cant get arrested for tv now that ali mcbeal and sex and the city are kaput); however his loss is nothing to do with itunes, more to do with producing mcdonalds generation bland popurock bullshit music for the masses rather than working on something truly worthwhile.
Maybe him and Lars should get together, get a few pipes of crack going and shed tears together about the good old days when they used to rake in money off of unsuspecting record buyers who at the end of the day only ever indulged mr Jovi's gargantuan ego.

G

He should be thankful enough with what how much he made with that joke of a band called Bon Jovi.

Status
Not open for further replies.