Booting problem in laptop.

May 16, 2018
Why does my laptop turns off instantly when it starts booting? Sometimes it boots completely and after I use it for few hours and shut it down it will not switch on again. Most of the times it won't even respond to the charger or power button when its switched off.
Sometimes while booting the fan starts and after few seconds the fan stops and laptop turns off.
Sometimes after I press the power button a dim screen comes which is hard to see but my laptop starts booting even though the screen is almost black.
Also I use it by removing battery and holding power button for 30 seconds again and again and after some attempts it responds. But after that also sometimes it wont boot completely.
I don't know what is the problem please help.
I am using Dell inspiron 3542.
Please help.

Solution
Hi.

The fault could be one of many things. Could be a memory fault - if you run a memory test this should indicate if this is the problem. Another issue could be overheating caused by a faulty fan or heatsink. There may also be a motherboard fault resulting in the intermittent problem
May 16, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from findmebhanujha : "Why is laptop is not booting properly?"

Why does my laptop turns off instantly when it starts booting? Sometimes it boots completely and after I use it for few hours and shut it down it will not switch on again. Most of the times it won't even respond to the charger or power button when its switched off.
Sometimes while booting the fan starts and after few seconds the fan stops and laptop turns off.
Sometimes after I press the power button a dim screen comes which is hard to see but my laptop starts booting even though the screen is almost black.
Also I use it by removing battery and holding power button for 30 seconds again and again and after some attempts it responds. But after that also sometimes it wont boot completely.
I don't know what is the problem please help.
I am using Dell inspiron 3542.
Please help.

rectech

Honorable
May 19, 2018
Hi.

The fault could be one of many things. Could be a memory fault - if you run a memory test this should indicate if this is the problem. Another issue could be overheating caused by a faulty fan or heatsink. There may also be a motherboard fault resulting in the intermittent problem

Solution