BOOTMGR is missing

zFollette

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
My situation is like no other that I have seen in 3 days of research. I have formatted my hard drive to nfts with a ms-dos partitioning table using a gparted iso on a usb. Even without any os on my computer, it shows the bootmgr error. I don't know what that means but I assume its not good. I tried to clean install windows 7 but it only gets to the first restart, then, instead of running the hard drive, it gives the bootmgr error. Any help?

Edit: there are no errors when I run the startup repair. Even ubuntu recognizes that I have windows 7 installed.

Laptop: Samsung Series 7 Chronos

RealBeast

Distinguished
I would do a clean install after properly cleaning the drive.

Boot with the Windows installer disk, don't try to install, just go into the command prompt window. Then type these commands:
diskpart
list disk
select disk n (you should only have one to choose)
clean

Once clean, the drive will be unallocated and is ready for a Windows 7 install. Boot from the installer disk, select custom to see that there is only one partition listed (it will say unallocated) and select that to install your Windows 7 installation.

It might be worthwhile to get a new copy of the identical version of Windows 7 that you use from HERE and if you plan to install it from a USB tool, use the directions and tool from HERE.