BootMGR missing no DVD

Solution
Are you sure that the HDD is still functional? A HDD running Vista is old enough to have died.

If you did not make a system repair disk and do not have an installer disk, you will need to either obtain an installer disk from somewhere like EBay or use a boot manager repair product like THIS ONE. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any free fixes for Vista if you lack the disk mentioned.

I would determine the brand of the drive and run the drive testing software downloaded from the manufacturer site before spending anything though to insure that the disk actually works.

RealBeast

Distinguished
Are you sure that the HDD is still functional? A HDD running Vista is old enough to have died.

If you did not make a system repair disk and do not have an installer disk, you will need to either obtain an installer disk from somewhere like EBay or use a boot manager repair product like THIS ONE. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any free fixes for Vista if you lack the disk mentioned.

I would determine the brand of the drive and run the drive testing software downloaded from the manufacturer site before spending anything though to insure that the disk actually works.

Solution