Solved! BOSE 321 HDMI issues

Dec 5, 2018
I'm trying to connect an older 321 system to a 4k smart TV. I get DVD audio, FM radio etc. I have no picture on my TV. I've checked all the HDMI inputs and I only get audio through the speakers. I'm told it may be the actual HDMI cable. I need an older cable, version 1.0-1.2 vs the current 2.0 type of HDMI cables used today. Any idea on this one????

Solution
Do try a different HDMI cable but HDMI cables are backwards compatible so I don't think you need to find an antique HDMI cable. Try the Bose on another TV too. The DVD player may not be working correctly or the video output of the Bose may be bad.
If that's the case I would just buy a stand along blueray player and use the Bose for sound only.
Do try a different HDMI cable but HDMI cables are backwards compatible so I don't think you need to find an antique HDMI cable. Try the Bose on another TV too. The DVD player may not be working correctly or the video output of the Bose may be bad.
If that's the case I would just buy a stand along blueray player and use the Bose for sound only.

Solution
Dec 5, 2018
Thanks for the help. I've used it before on another "dumb" TV but was told by Bose that becasue this is a 4K smart TV, the newer HDMI cables won't work. I've tried a 1.4 version but still haven't tried a 1.2. Having trouble finding one. Can I still use the speakers from the 321 system for a newer version?? I spent allot of time running the speakers through the wall to hide the speaker wires etc. If I only need to replace the current DVD player I will as long as I dont have to pull out all the wire I've hidden.

TRENDING THREADS