Bose Companion 2 to Sub to PC


Apr 6, 2010
Hi I have a pair of Bose Companion 2 computer speakers that use a 3.5mm and I also have a huge 85 watt Dayton Sub. I want to plug the sub and speakers to the computer.

My sub has RCA(Line In), 2 Bare Wires (output), 2 Bare Wires (Input).

Anyway I can use it?


The 3.5 mm male plug on the computer end,
a 3.5 mm male plug to 3.5mm (female input) Y cord splitter, terminating into two 3.5 mm male plugs. (A "Y" CORD)
one of these male plugs goes into a 3.5 mm female to RCA adapter. The two male RCA plugs will feed your subwoofer.
The other male plug will plug into a 3.5mm female to female adapter, and into the female end, the computer speakers plug in, like usual.
all you are doing is using a Y cord, and adapters to split the existing line level out, from the computer.
These type of adapters can be purchased at radio shack, walmart, or on the internet...
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
iammine Audio 3
C Audio 0
J Audio 2
S Audio 1
M Audio 1
N Audio 1
D Audio 1
S Audio 2
G Audio 1
T Audio 1
Y Audio 6
Y Audio 3
NastyNes Audio 1
R Audio 4
M Audio 1
S Audio 1
J Audio 4
R Audio 1
R Audio 1
D Audio 2