Bottom 2 mm of phone not working right?

illegalrugalah

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
the bottom 2 mm of my sprint evo 3d is not working right. by that, i mean that its sorta uncalibrated. my phone is rooted and it was normal until yesterday. now, if i put my finger on the bottom to mms of the screen then it claims it to be higher that it is.

for example, the dev options gives me a screen pointer overlay option and if i have my phone on the very bottom possible it says its at 888.5 on the Y. my finger trace is followed but higher.
thats a really bad explanation so ill try using a picture from paint:p
http://imgur.com/lAR48

any questions (i know i did i bad job of explaining it, but its hard to explain.. :p for me atleast) just ask..
thanks,
colin

it sounds as though the touch sensor is somehow not calibrated right... no idea how that happened but i know of two ideas for a fix:

download an app that calibrates the touch sensor or reinstall the rom you are using. it could also be that you downloaded an app or installed something that does not get along well with your phone. i've had a myriad of issues pop up after installing certain apps that went away when the apps were uninstalled.