Bought an MSI GT70 2PE, can't get the graphics card to work

Jun 21, 2018
Bought this laptop used, the owner was selling it cheap because he claimed the graphics card (GTX 880M 8GB) stopped working. It's still detected by Windows, but it has a error code 43 and a little yellow triangle next to it in device manager. Ive tried re-installing multiple times and it still won't work. The owner claimed the problem happened after upgrading to Windows 10. My last attempt to fix it was going to be to downgrade to Windows 7, however; before I upgrade I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas?

Jun 21, 2018

Hey Barty,

I tried doing a clean install of Windows 10 and it didn't work. I then installed Windows 7 and again, not working. Pretty stumped here... I think next I'm gonna open it up and look if I see any physical damage to the card.

Jun 21, 2018

an update.. I successfully installed the newest drivers for the card on Windows 7. But when I booted after installing them I'm stuck on black screen with just my cursor. I booted into safe mode and uninstalled, however; I noticed the card no longer had an error message when I was in safe mode. Weird how when the computer believes it is "working" and it wont even let me access windows >.>

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
Cosmin85 Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 7
N Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 11
N Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 6
P Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Recently bought helios 300 predator laptop gtx 1050 ti. Problem is it charges upto 100% and when i remove the charger it drops down to 99% instantly
Question Hi. I've bought an Acer Aspire 3 A315-53-35FQ and, after one week of use, it does not start anymore.
I just bought a new ACER Aspire Cloudbook 14,i forgot to bring the manual that will tell me how to set the first user name and
Solved! I bought a ibm r54 laptop. I think before they sold it to me they erased everything. Is there a way to recover with out a disk
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming (bought mid 2017) slow as hell.
I bought a LG style 4
how to know the battery i bought is new?
I bought a new Corsair M65 pro and my cursor will move but I cant use left or right click
My little brother bought a game and is unable to download it.Help please
Solved! I bought a Gaming Laptop two days ago and have been having some very unique and very irritating problems with the GPU
I purchased a Lenover ideapad 330 and when I bought it home the battery symbol said plugged in, not charging. I brought it bac
My asus laptop which I bought 4 months ago shuts down Immediately on removing the charger and won't open unless plugged in. An
I bought a brand new core i7 7th generation 8gb ram laptop but the browsing speed of the laptop is really slow. my internet is
few days ago i bought dell g7 i7 8th generation processor, GTX 1060mq 6gb graphic,16gb of ram but it lags a lot whenever i pla
Recently bought Asus ux501 and videos are not running smoothly, really bad FPS!
Just bought a hp ak085n laptop with Intel i7 but no mention of a graphics card. Does it have one? Have not opened the box so c
Bought Laptop - Displaying Wrong Graphics Card??
I bought 4400 graphics card I can play counter strike source and age of empires ?
Is this a good laptop to buy ?! What games i can play on it if i bought it ?
i bought a new laptop dell inspiron 15 3542 4gb ram 500 gb hard disk and internal graphic ,window 8.1 and i-3 4th gen.

ASK THE COMMUNITY