I just bought a new Laptop (Acer Aspire E5-573G), and out of the box it has been experiencing very slow download speeds as compared to my other devices. It is getting anywhere from 2-6 mbps on speedtest, while it should be getting anywhere from 25-30 Mbps. Keep in mind that upload speeds are up to par, and my issues seem to go away when connected by Ethernet as opposed to Wi-Fi, and that all other devices aren't experiencing this issue.
I have tried:
1. Full system restore
2. Removing all bloatware
3. Disabling and uninstalling McAfee
4. Updating and reinstalling drivers
5. Restarting Router
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling the wireless adapter from Device Manager.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from Acer Support site.
- Here's the link where you can download it: http/us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
- Once installed reboot your laptop and see if it would be on a normal download rate.
- If it doesn't work since it's brand new just do a complete factory reset and see if that will resolve the issue.