Brand new ASUS F555UA. Can't tell if it is charging or not.

G

Hi. I just got an ASUS F555UA for my birthday today and I have no idea if it is charging or not. It has been plugged in for over 2 hours and it won't turn on. I did check the wall socket and it is working with other chargeable items. I don't see a light anywhere need where the charge wire plugs in and when I open the screen from being closed, I see two lighs (one has an airplane above it and the other has light bulb) They blink for a few seconds then stop. I just to know if I am doing everything alright or is there something wrong with my new laptop.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.
- Since you see lights on your laptop try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that could mean that the problem is with your built in display. Try pressing the Windows key + P at the same time then select Display Only and press Enter see if you'll get the display back on the built in display.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- Also do test the AC adapter just to make sure that it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.
- Since you see lights on your laptop try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that could mean that the problem is with your built in display. Try pressing the Windows key + P at the same time then select Display Only and press Enter see if you'll get the display back on the built in display.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- Also do test the AC adapter just to make sure that it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If all these will not work do contact Asus Support for repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Solution