Brand New Lenovo 900 Laptop wont turn on after working for a few hours.

Frank_65

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I just opened my new lenovo 900 and began setting it up for a co-worker. i let it do windows updates, came back to it and for some reason the password i set was not working. I attempted several times to log in then decided to reboot to try to get to the reset utility to factory restore the computer. After a few resets and trying to hold F2 on an external keyboard while trying to turn it on the computer just refused to turn on and the power button is staying lit - never shutting off.

Solution
Hello All,

I found a solution almost by accident decided to try something I have seen used for older Lenovo laptops...
Press Fn+F2+Power button and the machine went off within seconds. I then restarted as normal using the power button and it powered as normal and on starting no data has been lost. Seems the machine just froze for 4 days it still had lots of battery power.

wanted to share incase someone has same problem and the come here looking like me........hope it works for you

Alexiak

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Hello Frank, did you find a solution, I have the same problem; power button is light since saturday - not shutting off and not coming back on. Laptop has been on battery power since Saturday, as I disconnected from cable power when shutting it down.

Alexiak

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Hello All,

I found a solution almost by accident decided to try something I have seen used for older Lenovo laptops...
Press Fn+F2+Power button and the machine went off within seconds. I then restarted as normal using the power button and it powered as normal and on starting no data has been lost. Seems the machine just froze for 4 days it still had lots of battery power.

wanted to share incase someone has same problem and the come here looking like me........hope it works for you

Solution