Brand NEW Rog Laptop but lags immediately after installing all the recent drivers for that specific laptop

JackyBahary

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
[Product Information]
Product Type : Notebook
Product Model : GL552VW
Operating System : Windows 10 64bit

ok,first off i got this really nice laptop and i tried to install windows 10 after that i installed all the drivers from the cd and played counter strike and i am suprised the FPS IS ONLY 20 WTFFF i tried to go to nvidia control panel changed the processor to high performance nvidia processor then i played again it is still the same i tried to download all the drivers until all of them are downloaded and updated to their latest version still the same i tried playing on other games it is still the same 20 fps
i then tried to chane vertical sync turn it on thenn suddenly the fps became 60 fps in fullscreen how to unlimit the fps in full screen so that the fps wont just be at 60 fps if i turn the game to windowed mode the fps is 400 fps it is really nice i tried to turn off the vsync tun off the thriple bufferring and the fps stays the same the next day i tried playing the game and the fps suddenly became 20 fps again i tried changing the setting like yesterday in the nvidia control panel the fps stays the same i tried a lot of methods from the internet nohelp from the manual no help from youtube no help i tried disk defragmentation still THE SAMEEEEEE PLS HELP ME THIS LAPTOP IS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN MY CUSIN'S LAPTOP GL552JX-DM356D IT ONLY HAS 8 GB I HAVE 16 GB RAM AND I HAVE 960M THAT ONLY HAS 950M BUT THE FPS ON HIS LAPTOP IS 300 FPS BUT MINE IS 20 FPS WTFFFFFFFFF MANNNN HELP MEEEEEE PLSSSSSS REPLYYYYY I BEG YOU ASUS PLS DONT LET ME DOWN PLS REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TELL ME THE SOKUTUON DONT ASK ME TO CHECK THE FAQ I CHECKED THERE WAS NOTHING AT ALL IS THE CARD A FALSE VGA NVIDIA CARD? OR WHATTTT PLSSSSSSSS HELP MEEE

Solution
No you actually don't need to manually install. Windows is set up to do it. Granted it won't be a specific driver found on the manufacturers website, but it will be a compatible driver. Also, sadly sometimes the drivers on a manufacturers site work worse. I have run into this with sound and graphic drivers.
Please do not use a lot of CAPS in posts.

Did you try going back to the original ones drivers?

Also, you could try completely uninstalling the drivers, reboot the device and allow the system to install the drivers on its own (or if it doesn't go get and install them again).

JackyBahary

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
sry for the CAPS i am just so frustated i though i could play with high fps i jave been waiting to buy this laptop for 2 years and now like this i tried your method i didnt work and also how can the system install the drivers by its own?

Most Windows computers are set up to seek and reinstall missing drivers upon booting the device. They same way it seeks to get a new part working when you attach it. Mouse, external drive, monitor, etc. So if I say uninstalled my keyboard driver and rebooted, it would reinstall when it started back up. Granted there are cases of it not going that way, as it normally should, but for the most part it works.

JackyBahary

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

But the drivers wont install by itself cause we.need to.manually install them from the asus website for that specific laptop.If you know what drivers to install for the laptop to work properly please let me know i installed all thr drivers and power4gear but still all my games are 20-30 fps

No you actually don't need to manually install. Windows is set up to do it. Granted it won't be a specific driver found on the manufacturers website, but it will be a compatible driver. Also, sadly sometimes the drivers on a manufacturers site work worse. I have run into this with sound and graphic drivers.

Solution