BRAVIA screen gone black, no sound, Green light on!?

ttt2016

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Hi, my BRAVIA has the problem as mentioned in above subject. I already tried all above suggested solutions e.g. disconnect power, switch on, change channel quickly, clean up venting louvre at rear but the screen is still black. Any other advice is much appreciate!
Our family has only one TV and the kids keep asking when this can be fixed? Please help.
Lot of Thanks in advance.

Solution
The only thing I have is, while ON, shine a flashlight on the screen and if you see the image, except that the background is totally dark, it means the backlit LED is shot, maybe a failed PSU. Beyond that unless you have been a TV repairmen in your past life, there is nothing user-serviceable inside as the label says.

ttt2016

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

ttt2016

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Thanks jsmithepa. Yes, it's permanently black. I vacuumed all the dust from rear venting slots, disconnected from power outlet & left over night to switch on & quickly changed channels but screen still black even though the smirking 'GREEN' & SONY logo lights are on. I sniffed around the slots but could not smell anything. What's wrong with this TV? Note: model KDL-46HX700.

The only thing I have is, while ON, shine a flashlight on the screen and if you see the image, except that the background is totally dark, it means the backlit LED is shot, maybe a failed PSU. Beyond that unless you have been a TV repairmen in your past life, there is nothing user-serviceable inside as the label says.

Solution

emaluzer

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Sorry did you ever get this fixed....there are serviceable parts inside....4 boards and an infrared board.
Finding the parts is a little tricky but it can be done. I was just wondering if you got it fixed as I am having the same issue.