Solved! Bravia tv - pc - home theater connected

monemvasia

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
Hello

I connected my pc (ge force Gt240, motherboard H55MX-S), to tv (Sony KDL-40W4000) with 2m. hdmi cable, because there is a small distance between them. My home theater is a sony Dav dz630. My pc has only one hdmi port. Can i use a switcher to connect receiver and tv directly to my pc so i can have 5.1 sound? Or can i do something else to have 5.1 sound?

Thanks in advance

Solution
If your receiver has HDMI inputs, then connect the PC to one of them. Then from the receiver to the TV. Just make sure your PC audio settings are using the HDMI connection for audio output. Double check by double clicking the speaker icon on the system try, down the bottom right hand corner.
If you have an optical connection on your PC, and one on your receiver, you could also connect the sound that way, and just plug the HDMI lead straight into the TV.

Hope this helps.
K
If your receiver has HDMI inputs, then connect the PC to one of them. Then from the receiver to the TV. Just make sure your PC audio settings are using the HDMI connection for audio output. Double check by double clicking the speaker icon on the system try, down the bottom right hand corner.
If you have an optical connection on your PC, and one on your receiver, you could also connect the sound that way, and just plug the HDMI lead straight into the TV.

Hope this helps.
K

Solution

monemvasia

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

monemvasia

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

Thank you for your reply. Well as i can see the problem is that i i have PC SPDIF output, TV optical output, but no any inputs in my receiver except audio line in analog. So i have to use a converter to connect tv or pc audio cable to my receiver? Is it true that i will have only stereo sound with this way and no 5.1?